Mixed Green Salad Recipe with Parmigianino Crisps
Mixed Green Salad recipe with Parmigianino Crisps is the best recipe for parties. In this salad vegetables are pretty standard – tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and your choice of mixed greens. The dressing is very simple – olive oil, red wines vinegar, and some salt. Your guests will surely be impressed.
• One cup shredded Parmigianino
• 4 cups salad greens, such as lettuce leaves, arugula, red leaf, romaine or baby spinach
• One cup mixed fresh herb leaves, parsley, oregano, basil, cilantro or chives
• One cup grape tomatoes cut in half
• 1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• Salt to taste
• 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts, chopped hazelnuts or sunflower seeds
For the crisps
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet platter with a silicone mat. Make four even, very thin circles of Parmigianino on the mat. Make sure that the circles are not touching each other. Bake it 7 to 8 minutes or till the cheese has melted, and turned into golden brown and looks like lace. Remove the platter from the oven and let the crisps cool for 1 minute. Using a flat spoon, remove the crisps from the silicone rug and reserve on a dish.
For the salad
Fill the sink with cold water. Mix all salad greens and gently stroke, till all dirt and sand fall to the bottom of the pool. Carefully lift the greens from the water and put in a salad spinner. If the greens especially dirty empty shell, rinse to get rid of dirt and repeat the process. Spin the greens until they are dry and still very fresh look. If you do not use herbs immediately, store them, wrapped loosely in paper towels and then sealed in a clear plastic bag drawer of your refrigerator.
In a large bowl, place the greens salad leaves and herbs. Add the tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar and season with salt. Using your hands, lightly mix to combine salad. Taste! Add the remaining oil and vinegar, if desired, and season again with salt, if needed. Salad should be very tasty, but not soggy.
Assemble the salad on individual salad plates or bowls. Drizzle each salad with nuts and garnish with crispy Parmesan.
Yummy Mixed Green Salad Recipe
Mixed Green Salad is used in our daily meal. It is very healthy to eat and easy to make. Toss in a handful of cracked pita chips to add crunch to this energetic salad.
• One bunch romaine lettuce
• One cucumber, peeled and sliced
• 2 to 3 plum tomatoes, cored and cut into small wedges
• One small red onion, sliced thin
• Olive oil to taste
• red wine vinegar to taste
• Salt and pepper to taste
Split the lettuce leaves into bite-sized and transfer them into a large salad bowl. Add cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion. Drizzle with the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper, and toss and serve in plates.
Mixed Green Salad Recipe with Dijon Vinaigrette
Mixed Green Salad with Dijon Salad Dressing is a good recipe for your lunch, dinner, and parties. This is very delicious and easy to make within 10 to 15 minutes.
• One tablespoon Dijon mustard
• One tablespoon red wine vinegar
• ½ teaspoon sugar
• Three tablespoons olive oil
• Splash salt and pepper
• One bag spring lettuce mix
• One cup grape tomatoes, each cut in half
• Single cup sliced (1/8 inch) peeled cucumber
• One cup sliced (1/8 inch) halved red onion
In a small bowl, Add Dijon mustard, vinegar and sugar with wire beater. Slowly add oil, beating continuously until well blended. Add spice to taste or serve with salt and pepper.
In large salad bowl, put salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Pour salad dressing over salad; toss smoothly to mix and serve.
Mixed Green Salad Recipe with Pecans, Goat Cheese, and Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe
Mixed Green Salad Recipe with Pecans is a very tasty one; this is one of my favorite salads. If you are making for a party, do not add the salad dressing till you are ready to serve.
• 4 ounces whole pecans
• 1 Tablespoon melted butter,
• 1 Tablespoon sugar
• 3/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 Tablespoon honey mustard
• 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper(flakes)
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• 1 lb. mixed salad greens, with fresh baby spinach
• 4 ounces goat cheese
• 1/4 cup sweetened dry cranberries
• 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin slices
Preheat the oven to 300 ° F. Place the pecans in a bowl, add melted butter over them and mix until all of them are not well coated with oil. Then drizzle the pecans with sugar and gently stir again till they are lightly covered. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat and distribute pecan coating over it in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
Put the olive oil, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard and red pepper flakes in a jar, cover and shake till the dressing is well mixed. Add flavor to taste with salt and black pepper.
Add greens salad leaves and baby spinach leaves in a large bowl. Enhance the flavor with goat cheese, dry cranberries, pecans and red bell pepper. Toss with salad dressing.
Serve immediately. Chill remaining dressing.
Classic Mixed Green Salad Recipe
Mixed greens salad is a classic recipe, I am going to share one more yummy fresh mixed greens salad and a tasty Classic Salad dressing.
• 12 cups bite-size greens leaves (as you like)
• One cup parsley leaves
• Five tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper to taste(freshly ground)
• Two teaspoons fresh lemon juice
In a salad bowl add the greens leave with the parsley, drizzle the salad with the oil and mix it well. Add salt, black pepper to taste, and the lemon juice and toss it well and serve.