Three Best Healthy Dinner Salad Recipes
Greek Salad with Oregano-Marinated Grilled Chicken
Dinner Salad recipes are very delicious which marinated with oregano Grilled Chicken. Chicken has a Greek flair when marinated in citrus fruits spiked oregano rub, grilled, and then pressed on the top of the mountain romaine, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. Salad dressing echoes marinade with more oregano and lemon juice.
For the chicken:
• One lemon, juiced
• Two tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• One teaspoon dried oregano
• A couple pinches salt
• Ten freshly ground black pepper
• Four(6 to 7-ounce) boneless chicken breasts
For the dressing:
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• Two tablespoons red wine vinegar
• One lemon juiced
• Two cloves garlic smashed
• One teaspoon dried oregano
• Grinds black pepper 10 to 15
For the salad:
• Three hearts romaine lettuce
• One English cucumber, peeled, cut in 1/2 lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch chunks
• Three vines ripened tomatoes cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
• 1/4 cup crushed feta cheese
• 3 pinches salt
For marinating the chicken: In a dish, combine the lemon juice, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Add the chicken breasts in the dish and brush both sides with a mixture. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for minimum 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
To make the salad dressing: Mix all ingredients in a sealable container and shake strongly. Refrigerate until ready to serve, and then brought to room temperature before tossing the salad.
Assemble the salad: cut off any dark ends and the bottom of the bitter white ROMAINE leaves. Cut lettuce into 1-inch strips and put in a large bowl enough to hold all the salad ingredients with comfortably. Add cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese, red onion, over the top. You can make a salad to a few hours before serving. Cover it with a moist paper towel and store in refrigerator up to 30 minutes before serving.
To cook the chicken: Heat a grill pan on high heat. Put the chicken breasts and fry, turning once, till light golden browned, around 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked done. Let the chicken rest on a cutting board for a few minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
To prepare the chicken: Heat nonstick pan or grill pan over high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook, turning once, until well browned, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked. Let the chicken rest on a cutting board for a few minutes before you cut it into thin strips.
Shake dressing and pour salad into a nice serving dish, with cover to strain out the garlic.
Mix the salad before serving and add chicken on top of the salad.
Southwestern Shrimp Salad
For a dinner salad, Southwestern Shrimp Salad is a very delicious recipe. This energetic Tex-Mex salad has so many tastes and textures, it resists simple description.
Chipotle flavored shrimp; cheese dressing, toasted pumpkin seeds, and crispy citrus cotija cabbage are just a few more ingredients.
• 1 pound large shrimp, peeled (near 25)
• Three tablespoons adobo sauce
• 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• Salt to taste
• One cup pumpkin seeds
• One 1/4 cups grated cotija cheese
• One 1/4 cups lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
• Three lemons, juiced
• Tow oranges, juiced
• One Haas avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
• One medium jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• One small head Napa cabbage, shredded
• four lobes corn, shucked
• Lime wedges, for serving
Preheat grill pan to medium-high. Toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons of Adobo, and salt. Let stand while you cook pepitas and make the dressing.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add Pepitas and toast, till browned in places, around 8 minutes. Set aside.
Puree 1 cup cilantro, 1 cup cotija cheese, and juice of 1 orange, juice of 2 limes, avocado, remaining one tablespoon spoon of Adobo, 1/2 cup oil till smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl with jicama.
Mix the cabbage with the remaining orange juice and lime in another medium bowl. Add flavor with salt.
Grill corn in a grill pan, up to tender and singed in spots, near 15 minutes. Cut the kernels off the cob and add them to the bowl with the dressing and jicama. Mix to coat.
Grill shrimp, turn once till both sides are well-cooked, and cook on each side only for 2 to 3 minutes.
Divide the cabbage between 4 plates, then use jicama and corn mixture on top, then shrimp. Sprinkle the pepitas and the remaining 1/4 cups of each parsley and cotija cheese. Serve with lime wedge and enjoy.
Gingery Watercress-and-cherry Salad
Dinner salad best recipe if you want to take light dinner this is the best option for you. With Spring spicy watercress a pop of sweetness with fresh cherries and peaches.
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• One shallot, chopped
• Two teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Two teaspoons Honey
• One teaspoon Dijon mustard
• black pepper freshly grounded
• One package watercress (4-oz.)
• Two cup sweet cherries pitted and halved
• Two Kirby cucumbers, sliced
• One large peach pitted and thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews
Beat the lemon juice, ginger, and shallots in a bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Beat oil, honey, and mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix watercress, peaches, cherries, cucumbers and cashews with dressing and mix to combine. Serve immediately.